I shall be off then...

The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things
of shoes and strings and sealing wax and cabbages and kings...

And of fields and hedges, of stony beaches and deckchairs, of sparrows and crumbs and pints, cricket and pub bands, fish and chips. Of dried-up parks and warm ponds. In English! With friends who drink and go on long country walks but also drive to the postbox on the corner.
After a month of first wet and then too hot weather, of doing double shifts writing and translating, of taking my Mum to department stores and cheese boutiques, of partying and yodelling, of arranging keys for builders and looking for somewhere to park my car for two weeks, I am really ready for a break. England - here I come!

Comments

  1. This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment